Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Tuesday of the 3rd Week of Advent

I tell you solemnly, tax collectors and prostitutes are making their way into the kingdom of God before you.


The problem with being “good” is we sometimes think we are better than others and this version of pride can lead to spiritual myopia where we refuse to see Christ when He is right before our very eyes and we refuse to listen to Him thinking we know better. We become obdurate and dismissive to the detriment of our souls by falling into the trap of sin without even realising it. 


I think Advent is a great time to do some spiritual spring cleaning. It’s not that I don’t know my own sinful tendencies so it’s good to stop giving in to them, restart healthy habits of behaviour if I have drifted away and reinforce all the good that I do by doing more with a cheerful heart. I began this Advent by being available and I continue to be available to His teaching. Hopefully I am already part of the kingdom of God and will continue to reside there come what may. Thank you, Lord, for making me an instrument of your peace and joy, may I continue to spread your goodness to the ends of the earth. 

 

No comments: