Friday, December 02, 2022

Friday of the First Week of Advent

Then he touched their eyes saying, ‘Your faith deserves it, so let this be done for you.’ And their sight returned. 

Blindness can take many forms. We can be blind to our own faults. And when we love someone we can be blind to their faults which makes for spoilt children and poor life partner choices. We can also be blind to all the good things that happen in our lives, refusing to be content or happy with what we have. Closely related to this is spiritual blindness, the refusal to see Christ, choosing to reject His teachings or anything related to Him.  


I used to suffer from partial spiritual blindness where I believed in God but I rejected His ways. I did not subscribe to the Christian lifestyle of purity and meekness, nor try to live a completely sinless life. Worse, I rationalized my sins away, championing secular ethics and social mores. 


A frequent prayer of mine is: Lord let me see your face and hear your voice in my life as the beatitude that most speaks to me is the one on purity of heart.  These words of Scripture today touch me greatly. Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to see. May my faith always deserve the reward of seeing you in my life. 


No comments: