Monday, December 26, 2022

Christmas finally


It took some waiting, but now, you’re here!

Thank you for choosing to be born,

right here and now, in this dark world.

I can always use the light of the Star

To guide me, lost, time and again, to you.

I greet your presence, too cute, with joy,

Your saintly parents ushering me in

To welcome you, newborn babe, my Saviour,

Born out of love, mere child, yet God-is-with-us, 

Simply power made perfect in weakness, asleep

How, with all these smelly sounds around you?

Let me enjoy these precious days, as I enfold

your tiny hand in mine, enrapt, completely in love.

Surely your goodness will follow me

All the days of my life, and love!

For I choose to dwell in your house, forever.

This is my humble gift to you, my desire:

to adore you, sweet Jesus, as you deserve,

Never losing sight of you today, and, eternally.

 

No comments: