Thursday, December 15, 2022

Thursday of the 3rd Week of Advent

but my love for you will never leave you

and my covenant of peace with you will never be shaken,

says the Lord who takes pity on you.


Chapter 54 of Isaiah begins with such infectious jubilance that one can’t help but feel the glorious depths of the promise the Lord makes to each one of us. His covenant of everlasting love and peace will bring untold joy of graces unimagined. Do I say yes to such a covenant? It’s a no-brainer. 


But what do I have to do on my part? I simply have to follow Him, like Simon Peter and Andrew did, casting their nets away. This process - it is not just an act although it flows from a single decision - of following Jesus will take place the rest of my life, God willing. 


Having said yes to Him wholeheartedly for some 20 years now I have to say He has never gone back on His word. Thank you for loving me and never leaving me, Lord. I pray that I will always love you and will never leave you.  

No comments: