Monday, December 05, 2022

Monday of the 2nd Week of Advent

I will hear what the Lord God has to say, 

a voice that speaks of peace,

peace for his people.


Our worlds are often busy and chaotic places. Every day  we read about new tragedies or disasters which either threaten to numb us or overwhelm us. How do we respond to the hurts of the world, the brokenness we see in others and ourselves? What do we ourselves do to broker peace as we rush about from place to place in the day?

It is in listening closely to the Lord that we can find a way forward, knowing that what He desires is peace on earth and that we are all part of the answer. So the question is do I make every person I encounter in the day feel better about themselves and their lives? Do they walk away feeling good, encouraged or inspired, and even at peace? I may not have all the answers, neither am I called to save them, but in listening attentively and with an open heart, I may allow the peace of the Spirit to flow into our conversation and touch us both, transforming us. 

Make me a channel of your peace, dear Lord. 


No comments: