Thursday, December 01, 2022

Thursday of the First Week of Advent

Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. 

I have always prized and desired wisdom. When I was younger one of my greatest fears in life was to discover that I was actually a fool. Of course now I know I will never be as intellectually brilliant as I may wish, and I am a fool quite frequently, but I’m okay with it. As long as I embrace the woman God has created me to me and I strive to play to my strengths, putting all effort into accomplishing His will in my life, then I am good. Rock solid even. 


Proverbs 9:10 says: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Listening well is a skill I will endeavour to sharpen this Advent so that I truly do the will of the Father in all things with a joyful heart. 


Lord, help me know you more, understand your will for me more, and give me the courage to go out and do the things I fear most just so that I can glorify your name as I should. Amen.

No comments: