Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Wednesday of the 4th Week of Advent

Yes, blessed is she who believed that the promise made her by the Lord would be fulfilled.


The Visitation is one of my favourite passages of Scripture. It speaks of a meeting of minds and hearts between kindred women. Then there is the immense joy at the recognition of the yet unborn Christ child. What a sacred, glorious moment. This beautiful pronouncement made by Elizabeth tells me how I should live my faith out: to hold fast to promises even when it seems unlikely, or it seems to be taking too long to be fulfilled. I can attest to this for the promise the Lord made to me for marriage took 13 years to be fulfilled. During that time there were moments of doubt, but I never lost hope in that I still tried my best to live out His joy. I didn’t wait around moaning, but I tried to channel my desire for marriage in positive ways and live in His presence as Mary did, as His attentive handmaid. So, never doubt, but wait with expectant faith. Thank you, Jesus, for all the promises fulfilled, and yet to be fulfilled. 

No comments: