Monday, December 12, 2022

Monday of the 3rd Week of Advent

The Lord will come, go out to meet him.

Great is his beginning and his reign will have no end.


The Bible is filled with prophecies about the coming of Jesus, even from people like Balaam who was not an Israelite and was a soothsayer. If non-believers can be prophetic, what about us? Do we allow the Spirit of the Lord to guide us in our daily lives so that we do not doubt and we are not afraid, and we know what to do even before we know it? Or are we like the chief priests and elders who refused to acknowledge God in Jesus even when He was in their midst? The Lord is here: He resides within me in Spirit, and He is always by my side guiding my way forward. 


A prophet speaks truth into peoples’ lives and is an authentic witness of the Living God. Let us be prophets and prophetic in our thoughts, words and actions. May I always see the greatness of your beginning, and your life on earth, and worship you, my eternal, resurrected king. And may I meet you and greet you with great joy. 

 

No comments: