Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Advent

Similarly, it is never the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost.

At our recent family dinner on Sunday, my brother shared the story of how a sheepdog in Georgia, USA, recently killed eight coyotes to defend his owner’s flock of sheep and sustained serious injury. We all agreed the dog was quite extraordinary. So today’s Gospel reading of the parable of the lost sheep reminded me of how the Shepherd searched for me and brought me back into His fold and how I now need to be His sheepdog in looking out for His little ones, protecting them from the coyotes of the world. I have to say I haven’t really been that pro-active lately in sharing the Good News so this is a timely reminder. 


Dear Jesus, please give me the right words to preach your Good News to the world and to help guide those who are lost back home to you, so that I may do the will of your Father.





No comments: