Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Wednesday of the 3rd Week of Advent

Are you the one who is to come or have we to wait for someone else?


It is funny how someone who is as devout as Saint John the Baptist could’ve uttered those words of doubt questioning Christ’s legitimacy. But then again, he was in prison awaiting death so, perhaps, his words are not so unexpected? If I reflect, I do the same all the time, even without good reason. 


One of the people I admire greatly is Saint Teresa of Calcutta. Despite feeling separated for God in her latter years, where she even felt rejected by Him in the “painful night” of her soul, she never abandoned her prayer life nor her call to serve the poorest of the poor. Only after her death was the suffering she experienced in her interior life revealed. 


Lord, help me to believe in You always come what may, and to keep on doing what is right and good even when I feel lost and alone. 

 

No comments: