Saturday, December 17, 2022

Part of my story

Grateful, deeply thankful
How ever did you become part of my story?
Someone who looks to the Lord in all things
Humble of heart, gentle and upright
Rooted in love of the Living God.
What did I do to deserve you?
Unmerited favour of a second spring
Making straight the crooked lines of sin
Melding two broken parts in nuptial gold
Imperfectly perfect, gloriously beautiful
Miracles happen only when we say yes
Dying to self, moving outward to the other
A Mother’s blessing has given rise to joy
I still marvel at the journey, a path wending 
Through forbidding, lush valleys, over 
arduous hills with magnificent views
For nothing is impossible with Him.
Why can I not stop praising?
Worshipping Him for the gift of you
My beloved, my song of songs 
All my being bless the Lord
Bless the Holy name of God*
Remembering His goodness
I ponder the questions of my present
As Mary did, steadfast and strong
Let it be done as You will
Again, most emphatically yet again




* From Scott Soper's Loving and Forgiving

No comments: