Sunday, March 14, 2021

Lenten Reflection Day 26

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.  John 3:17



Today’s gospel from John chapter 3 contains the greatest love story ever told. It is the story of great sacrifice, both on the part of a father, and that of a son. It was purely out of love for the world that God sent His only Son to bring us eternal life. It was purely out of love that Jesus suffered and died for us on the cross so that we may be redeemed of our sins, saved. 


Who does that? Give up His life so that fickle, forgetful and mostly faithless people might get a stab at immortality? If I were Jesus, I would’ve walked away, but that’s because my faith is more uncertain. Although, I am most certainly glad that the Father sent Him, and Jesus stayed to the bitter end. 


I am happy I was given more than a few chances to turn back, and to say I believe so that I can now spend the rest of my life proving my love for Him. I love greatly today because I have been taught by Him who first loved me so compassionately, so tenderly. I thank the Lord for the gift of faith, the immeasurable riches of His grace, and I rejoice that I will someday, as He wills, be seated with Him in the heavens. 

No comments: