Thursday, March 11, 2021

Lenten Reflection Day 23

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.  Luke 11:23

We are made by the Creator, we belong to Him, and He always wants what’s good for us because He loves us. Unfortunately we don’t always agree with what we think of as interference. We tend to want to walk our own way, calling it independence and our right to freedom. I have done that and I have to say it is not all it is cracked up to be. In fact, I was lost and miserable. 


Walk in all the ways that I command you, so that you may prosper. Conversely this statement from Jeremiah 7:23 I have found to be true. In choosing to walk down the exact path God has planned for me, I have found great freedom, satisfaction and much joy. He has answered the many desires of my heart with great indulgence. I am living my dream. I am happy and swimming in fulfillment.


Certainly total obedience at times may have seemed the poorer and even ridiculous choice; I may have struggled and questioned if I was doing the right thing occasionally, but God is never wrong and He is always on time. He knows exactly when we need something and He always provides in great abundance. 




























So heed His words, run to Him with your whole heart, and experience His love and mercy firsthand today. Try not to procrastinate for as Jesus put it, if you are not for Him, you are against Him. You’re either in or you’re out. Choose in all the way.



No comments: