Monday, March 29, 2021

Monday of Holy Week

Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, Upon whom I have put my Spirit;  Isaiah 42:1


If there is one thing I would like to hear the Father say to me, it is these opening lines from Isaiah chapter 42. It tells me I have been obedient to Him and that I have served Him in a manner which makes Him happy. He is never far from me for I choose to bear His Spirit within me, just as He chose me and singled me out to carry out His plans for Him. 


God chooses each one of us specifically to do His will in ways that are unique to each of us. We each have a personal mission. And yet, at the same time, our personal missions hold a common thread through them, and that is the love of God. We are all called to glorify Him by bringing His love into the world in visible and influential words and actions. 


What we do on a day to day basis, and in the months and years ahead of us, we must do with careful attention and cheerful care. 


Each day we must choose to be on the side of the Christ, to be like Him as He is described here.  He was someone who brought justice to the nations, shedding light such that the blind see, prisoners were set free and those who live in darkness were released from the bleakest dungeons.


Let us honour Jesus today for what He did to set us free, to help us see, and that is to go to His death willingly. 


Lord Jesus, may I die to myself and become bread broken for others as You were. 


May I please Our Father as You did, as much as You did. 

No comments: