Sunday, February 12, 2017

Double happiness

Way down deep inside my heart
I wished that one day I would find
Someone who loves me
just as much as He does
Who will hold me tenderly
Kiss away my fears
Wipe away my tears
Walk with me in darkest night
Till dawn illuminates infinity skies.
That one day came when I met you.

I was busy breathing life into dreams,
Working an alternative lifestyle and
Loving it! My wish discarded, forgotten.
He said it was time to play a duet
It is not good to be alone
For to grow in love
We must fit hand in glove
Our hearts cleaving as one to Him.
Divine Mercy marked the start, and
The wine flowed as it did at Cana.

We must have done something right
To now bid good-morrow* in this way:
True plain hearts, love so alike
Our gaze on Him, who made it possible.
As we walk in reverent silence
The lilies nod and smile
Such delight! It's been awhile_
All that remains is to festoon the vine
Be one in Him, in juicy fruitfulness
It promises to be a vintage year.

























* Thanking John Donne for The Good-Morrow.

No comments: