Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Marriage vows

I wear your ring on my finger 
The one you put there 
As a sign of your love and fidelity
Before God you vowed
To love and honour me
All the days of your life
You made a promise to be true
In good times and in bad 
In sickness and in health
Whenever I feel upset
Unsure whether you love me
Whenever I experience hurt at your hands
Inadvertent yet excruciatingly clueless
I look at my finger and I know 
I hold your heart in my hands
An imperfect but sincere love
That alone is sufficient
You are all I need 
Through thick and thin
Today and for all eternity
















You wear my ring on your finger
The one I put there
As a sign of my love and fidelity
It's a sacred vow I take seriously 
One I try best to honour every day
So forgive me when I fail 
To love you in the way 
You expect or need to be loved
When our pasts get in the way
Or good intentions fall short 
You hold my heart in your hands
Next to Jesus you are the One
Whom I choose to love completely
Today and all the days of my life
Even beyond where Paradise lies
Let us live each day in smiles
Committed to what matters most
Loving the nakedness we find
Forgiving the rest as darkness
That disappears in the Light

No comments: