Thursday, July 25, 2024

Silence inspired

I visited the adoration room today, the one where I saw the promise of marriage with P the second time. I haven't been here for a number of years thanks to COVID and its lengthy closure, so I was flooded with memories of how P used to drop me here in our courtship and early marriage days after morning mass and breakfast together to spend time Jesus. I still see an embracing couple and Jesus right in the centre, behind the couple, to my delight.

I have let go of contemplative prayer in recent years, so it was refreshing to sit in silence and just be. My morning had begun with making pancakes for the grandkids before dropping them off to school, then teaching a client before a break presented itself. There are a couple more classes with a grandkid pick-up in between and finally an evening in RCIA. Pretty much a full-on day.

As I sat, I felt the need to write and share that when we make time for Jesus, good things happen. I felt elated and inspired to write. Hope my writing inspires you, too.

The gift
Have I used my gifts today?
My talents, my God-given charisms
Have I glorified Him at all?
This is the only question
I must answer in order
That when I meet my Maker
He will say to me
Good and faithful servant,
Well done. Come, share in my joy.

Pancake dreams
So I say to Him as I whisked:
Please let my pancakes be good
That my grandchildren will enjoy
The love folded within the batter
That in every bite they taste
My dreams that they come to
know you as I do, and
Experience the joy of Your love
And be filled with the sanctity
Of who they are, children of God
Good in every way. Most beloved.

No comments: