Sunday, May 15, 2016

I don't know if I love you

I don't know if I love you, but
Silly love songs play all day in my head
I smile too frequently (when I think of you)
People must think I'm loony or moonstruck.

I don't think I love you, and yet
I walk around on petal-strewn sunshine
My face aglow with inner jubilation
Not much irritates me, or spoils my good mood.

I can't possibly love you, it's much too soon,
Yet I cannot breathe when you kneel next to me.
Your faith levels my mountains of doubt and fear,
Flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come.*


My head tells me it's crazy, too impulsive, so not me.
My heart says you are the one chosen just for me.

Past experience cautions for decorum, more time_
Intuition whispers we will be great together,
Good for each other in all kinds of weather.
Go on, take the plunge! What are you waiting for?

I don't know if I love you, but I do know
I will give you my heart, to have and to hold,
Today and tomorrow,
God willing, forever.

* Song of Songs 2:12

No comments: