Monday, May 02, 2016

Conversation

She messaged me to say she dreamt of you
That you were dispensing advice 
Like you always do
That she misses you. 
We sat. Forlorn. 
Lost in a miasma of sorrow.
Separated by distance 
United in love of you.
How could you go - just like that?  
Without a clue, without warning.
Without giving me a chance to bargain with God.
Please let him stay. Just a while more.
Yet, life goes on. And so it goes_
In death, new life, harbinger of change.
He came into my life, unbidden, unwanted even
Turning my world on its head 
Making me smile despite my grief
Is one allowed to feel this way?
A delicious girl child in a desiccated, decaying hide?
Your last words prove pithy, prophetic even
Zero expectations. To go where Jesus leads
Marked by Ignatian indifference. 
Wish you were here to share my joy
Pray for us as you sit among the angels.

No comments: