Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Life compass

Last Friday evening we were discussing how difficult it was to put into practice what we have learned from our study of TOB.

What if the people around us did not believe as we did, especially the people whom we loved?

How do we "preach" the good news of TOB, living as we do in a world that idealizes a very one-dimensional understanding of love and promotes instant gratification of sexual lust?

A. reminded us the TOB is like a new lens we are invited to view life through and in using this lens more and more, we will make personal choices based on the clarity of truth that will eventually affect those around us.

The way we carry ourselves - how we think and how we act - will bear witness to our beliefs and spread the message of self-donating love, rather than through any conscious effort to change minds and hearts.

TOB as a way of life is an invitation to self-awareness, to a more incisive understanding of our own human design and nature that enables us to realize the desires of our heart and in turn, to be happily fulfilled.

We are all born to transcendence, to become more than what we are now; to grow spiritually and find the real meaning of our individual lives as it is lived interwoven with the lives of those we love and live with.

I agree with my W2W sisters that it is tough. Living and breathing TOB does involve a process of multiple transformations that takes time and hard sacrifice initially. As with anything else in life, practice makes perfect.

I just attended a class last night and the topic was work: it is part of the nature of man that we have to "toil" in order to be fed. So why should it be any different for spiritual food?

Being proficient at anything takes hard work, but there will come a time where it becomes easier and things will be a cruise.

One of the fears of living honestly or with integrity is that no one else is doing the same so you will be a loser by choosing to live differently. To misquote Luke, is losing such a bad thing if we lose the world by find ourselves?

Plus, there will be others who think like we do, we just have to be bold enough to be upfront and let the light of truth shine from our hearts and this beam will find the glow of others' truth beams and blaze a unified brightness that will light up the darkness, making night day.

Having bought the TOB message and lived it for a couple of years now, I no longer struggle as hard as I did previously. There is a payoff:

I like that I am no longer confused or unsure of myself but am growing more confidently in my sexuality as woman.

I know I have much to offer to the world and I enjoy what I am already giving.

I look forward eagerly to becoming more and giving more even though I know there will be times I will bemoan the "painful toil".

Above all things, if I defer to the Captain of my ship to tack my course, I know I will weather even the fiercest storms and TOB is a trusty compass that the Captain has bestowed on me to help me navigate through life.

Try it.

No comments: