Thursday, January 14, 2010

Perfect timing

I was chatting with a dear friend S. who lives in Hong Kong just last week and the conversation inevitably turned to love, the search for and the lack of good men and good relationships thereof.

It was difficult for me to explain to S. that despite my desire for marriage, I was happy to follow God's lead in life and that the love of one man whose physical form is not easily recognizable was sufficient for me not to fret about my singlehood.

Is there a perfect man and lover? More and more as I journey in life I can say yes with conviction. For I have experienced the presence of such a man in my life, and I continue to, every day.

It's a relationship that is exciting for although Spirit, He manifests His presence in different ways and through different people. I just need to be open to how He chooses to show up.

In real and tangible terms, my financial needs have been taken care of from the moment I decided to live life according to God's plan for me.

He is always there when I am down, propping me up with unconditional love. I have a kind listening ear when I need one and the wisdom of His good counsel.

I have been kept safe and protected against evil when opting to live my life adhering to standards most of the world dismisses.

Best of all, He has sent so many people into my life to show me how much He loves me. Family and friends, even perfect strangers, have been loving and caring beyond my imagination.

I could go on and on... and at the same time, I am without words when it comes to describing the great love He demonstrates towards me on a daily basis.

I wish I could make S. understand that the yearning every woman (and every man) has for someone to love her (him) was put there by God and hence can only be filled by God in a way that brings fulfillment and consolation that comes not from material things, things of the world, or people.

Ultimately the encounter with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is a felt and personal experience so I can only pray that S. will one day "meet Jesus" and finally understand what I have been rabbiting on about for years.

In His time, all will be beautiful , and perfect.

No comments: