Saturday, January 02, 2010

Action through contemplation

Welcome 2010! I had an amazing start to the new year and I hope it portends well for the rest of the year.

I was able to begin the day  with morning mass to celebrate the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God. It was not only an affirmation of womanhood, for the Saviour needed to be "born of a woman" into this world, but a good reminder to be like Mary who kept things she did not understand  in her heart and pondered on them continually.

I know that 2010 is a year of action for me (I certainly hope it will be) for I, myself, am tired of my own hesitation and procrastination and hope that the new year will bring renewed faith in God and myself in order to give birth to desires that have been gestating within me for a while now.

Given that I am set for an action-packed year, I need to ensure I keep sane, centred and always pointing towards True North. So I renew my commitment to set aside time to spend in prayer and keep the communication lines wide open.

As I began the day in prayer, I also ended it in prayer.

The W2W ministry gathered to celebrate the day in more feasting (as if Christmas wasn't enough), praising God in song and thereafter praying for each other. What a time of great blessing for all who gathered.

As for the words of wisdom that were given to me, I will continue to ponder and allow them to take full-blown shape in my life, bringing joy and comfort to many.

By His will. Not mine.


No comments: