Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Prophetic hope

Linking hands we lazily walked,
Feet sinking slightly in the firm, wet sand,
Leaving behind us a trail of shallow heel-toe prints
Along the simmering water’s edge.
I hug her to my side, feeling her warmth against me,
This woman whom I’ve loved since time began.
The wind slithers like silk across our limbs
As we hunker down on the beach.
Drinking in the sounds of the dawn,
We wait in anticipation,
For the rising sun to splash
An incandescent palette of gold, cerise and smoky blue
Firing up the moody sky,
Causing day to break in joyous splendour.
She exhales in awe, wonder shining in her eyes.
I smile.

Have you any idea what you mean to me?
You are my beloved, my goodness.
Everything about you gives me pleasure supreme.
From your soft, sweet lips to your flashing eyes,
Your wild, untamed hair over which you despair.
I delight in your passion for the Truth
The way you care with all your heart quite fearlessly
Beyond the ghosts of past hurts and wounds.
Your velvet-steel courage moves me
I am inspired by your feminine wisdom
Your maternal, healing sensitivity
While your profound sensuality makes me weep.
You are my desire, every day,
Always.


"Thank you for loving me first,
With such naked originality, so unconditionally.
Because of you, I dare to dream, to hope and to soar,
You are my way, my truth and my life.
I am created anew each time I look in your eyes,
You make me fully alive; because of you
I am.


* A big thanks to my W2W sisters who give me hope, September 11, 2009.

No comments: