Tuesday, July 22, 2008

TOB time

I am so psyched! I managed to make it to Melbourne despite my misgivings and the incredibly intense work pace I've been experiencing lately.

The writing job is still not done but the mountain of work has been reduced dramatically and it is now manageable. I can handle the home stretch as long as I keep pace.

The journey to come to Melbourne has been an interesting one. I've read the book (the light version), viewed the DVDs and have come to see the beauty in John Paul II's Theology of the Body over the last few years. So when the opportunity to come to Melbourne and take the certificate course presented itself, I was immediately drawn to the idea.

Of course the practicalities were dampening: how could I take off from work for such a length of time (my clients and boss would not be happy plus I would have no income for the period of 12 days), how could I leave my mother to fend for herself (unhealthy guilt I know but it does exist) and how would I pay for it???

Was this desire a frivolous one? A selfish one? So I offered it up to the Lord. If indeed it was not His desire enfolded in mine, then all efforts to make it happen would come to naught. I told myself not to be disappointed if it did not come to pass for if I allowed JC to lead, then I would have to accept where He led me.

First I got my leave approved. Then I worked through my guilt regarding my responsibilities as a daughter. Then the writing job literally fell from the skies right into my lap and the money issue was solved. If that's not providence I don't know what is.

I look forward to the first day of class tomorrow.

I look forward to spending time with my uncle and his family and building familial ties.

Most of all I look forward to this sacred space of getting to know Him a little better and learning to love Him in new ways.

No comments: