Thursday, July 10, 2008

Prayer works

I cannot believe it, the first wave of work has cleared.

As of now, I have the morning to write up just one company profile, I have no more on hand. There are still seven companies outstanding (plus two interviews to write up) which can be done at a slightly more leisurely pace over the weekend. Now I am praying hard that everything comes in tomorrow.

It has been a siong or fierce week. Up at 6.00 am, teach or write with small breaks in between to eat. I only make it to bed after midnight. I am amazed at how I have been able to maintain high levels of concentration, long hours at a stretch, despite my tiredness. Slowly, but surely, I've chipped away at the mountain and am now left with a small hillock.

There is a second mountain to face but it is smaller than the first and relies more on quick turnaround time for the first drafts than anything else.

All I can say is I've been surviving on grace. And prayer.

Knowing that I would barely have time to pray (actually I have managed to make time, surprisingly enough) I've asked many of my friends to intercede for me during this crazy week and their prayers have worked.

God has been too kind, as B. would say. He has arranged my time to enable me to write (clients cancelling at critical moments). As long as I remained faithful and diligent, He created the opportunity.

Throughout this week, I've held Psalm 37:4 close to my heart: "Make the Lord your delight, and He will grant your heart's desire."

I get impatient and short when I am tired and panicky but I've made the effort to be find delight in situations and be "delightful".

I've endeavoured to put my best efforts into my writing, even when I've reached the point of giving up.

I've found the energy to teach and enjoy my time with clients despite the tiredness coursing through my body.

I have submitted my desire to Him: to be able to leave Singapore on July 22nd, secure in the knowledge that the job is done and done well.

I now leave it in His hands, claiming the proclamation of Gabriel to Mary, "With God, nothing is impossible".

A big thank you to my prayer warriors. This is to let you know your efforts have allowed me to make it through the week.

Alleluia. Amen.

No comments: