Thursday, April 08, 2021

Thursday of the Easter Octave

 In today’s Gospel, Luke recounts how the disciples meet Jesus again and they are dumbfounded due to the great joy they feel when they realise it is the resurrected Lord standing in their midst. 

I actually relate to them for I received two bits of news today that allow me to see the Risen Lord standing in our midst. Three weeks ago, A, one of my fellow instructors passed out at the studio and needed to be rushed to the hospital to have an emergency delivery. Today we were told she and the baby have been discharged from the hospital. Her situation was quite grim so it is indeed fantastic news. 


The other piece of news was from the Blessed Sacrament Church RCIA coordinator, S, who shared that all those who have been journeying for the year towards baptism will be baptized this coming Sunday. This will be the second time I will be a sponsor for an adult becoming a Catholic and I am so thrilled about it. I look forward to celebrating this Sunday which fittingly is Divine Mercy Sunday with much rejoicing. 


And I am reminded of the beautiful promise found in  the book of Lamentations which we just completed, chapter 3:22-23: 


The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;

his mercies never come to an end; 

they are new every morning;

great is your faithfulness.


No comments: