Monday, April 05, 2021

Easter Monday reflections

It feels a little strange not to pen a daily reflection seeing as I have done it for the last 48 days. P didn’t think I could do it, neither did I actually, but it was a desire to honour the trust of S who had challenged me to do it. It was also my Lenten gift to the Father, and to myself, really - to prove to myself that I could do it. I have missed blogging on a regular basis so this Lenten project was my restart button.

Yesterday afternoon S shared about desire, how this Lenten season gave him insight into his decisions in life, whether his decisions was truly desires placed in his heart by God, or were they influenced by his own intellect, others’ opinions or his past experiences. He also shared about Saint Therese of Lisieux how she had impossible desires that actually came to fruition with a creative twist of the Divine. I found this powerful statement taken online from her autobiography: “God would never inspire me with desires which cannot be realized; so in spite of my littleness, I can hope to be a saint.”

I am reminded of Matthew 19:26, With God, all things are possible, and I am slightly awed that God has helped me bring this small desire of mine to life. I hope He is pleased with my offering. I am, for it has given me a deeper intimacy with His Word, a greater sensitivity to how to live it out in my life and a crystalline awareness  of my own shortcomings and sinfulness, with a boost to my self-confidence witnessing through my writing.

I look forward to this season of renewal, of living in the joy of the resurrected Christ. I am going to enjoy the next 50 days of Easter. May you enjoy them, too. Happy Easter! 

No comments: