Thursday, April 04, 2019

April snow

The grief never ends because I miss you
I miss you something fierce, a monster longing
Shredding my heart with wicked claws   
You’re not supposed to leave so soon
How could you? You’re younger!
I’m not sure if I can ever forgive you your sudden departure 
We had texted each other just the night before 
You were the first to know about him, our first date
“Sometimes it snows in April
Sometimes I feel so bad”* it’s sad
For you’re not here to commiserate with me
Halve my sorrows, double my joys
Lighten my mood with your chipmunk laugh
So look out for me now you’re with Him
Send me a star as I send you a kiss
Until we meet again I will miss you till then. 




Lyrics from the chorus of Sometimes it Snows in April by Prince whose music J and I both like immensely.

No comments: