Friday, January 20, 2017

Love note

She asked me 
What I liked about you 
Why I loved you? 
How do I quantify 
Or begin to describe 
What I feel inside:
The flutters of like that rise,
Sighing sweetly,
To the goodness of you.
Swells of affection 
Rolling into your ocean 
Of Marian blue.
Deep calling unto deep.
Bubbly girl to sunny boy.
We traipse the fields 
Of green and gold,
Spinning tales 
Effervescent, full of joy, 
Sprinkled with mirth 
Like a child's first giggles
While wonder and gratitude
Dog our every step.
He delights in our beings,
Our wedded togetherness
We are a party of three.
As we dance in unison
Mother Mary smiles,
We were meant to be
A fundamental truth
She made certain we knew 
What's best for last
To last forever
If we centre on Christ
Every single day
In faith, hope and love.
The flowers given 
by the Holy Family 
Will bloom profusely 
Enveloping all 
In their fragrance
Bringing Cana to life.







No comments: