Saturday, December 05, 2015

This is the way - preparation day II

Yesterday at mass Father RV asked when did we last see miracles happen? He wanted us to ponder this question. I received one this morning as I meditated on today's Scripture readings, first from Isaiah 30:19-21,23-26, then Psalm 146:1-6, and finally the Gospel from Matthew 9:35-10:1,5,6-8.

Everything fell into place for me. It couldn't be clearer for today's readings are all about the commissioning and sending of disciples to encourage the harassed and the dejected. If I go boldly and give freely, as Jesus did, then I will live today in the Good News of the Kingdom. I am excited to depart for Mindoro tomorrow for many miracles will happen. Seeds will yield a veritable harvest and we will help harvest the bounty the Lord has provided. All who partake will be nourished, body and soul.

The Lord will go, I need only obey. 
'This is the way, follow it.’
For He has heard the cries of the poor
And He sends me, and you, 
With authority and power
To cure the sick, raise the dead, 
cleanse the lepers, cast out devils.
Happy are those who hope in the Lord!
For gone is the bread of suffering, 
the water of distress
He will send rain for the seed you sow, 
The bread that the ground provides 
will be rich and nourishing.
No more darkness, only light, 
Life-giving and bright.
Happy are all who hope in the Lord.

No comments: