Friday, August 21, 2015

One true face

Inside of me there are many faces
The shy and tender soul
The bold as brass, hard-nosed cookie
The mille-feuille light, bubbly girl
The weepy, bleeding heart
I can be serious and very responsible
Mother hen loving and giving
Like the girl with a little curl down her forehead
I can also be horrid - a greedy brat
Unforgiving, cold and self-serving
Worse, I can be a goody two-shoes
Decked out in Pharisee tassels
Perfect to the outside world
Quoting Scripture for my own purposes
Nasty mean within four walls
No one could possibly love me, except Him.
Is there one true face?
The me I was created to be
Who is she?
She is the Daughter of the Father
The Bride of Christ
The one in whom He delights
Beloved.
A woman fertile and prolific
Bringing life and light to the world
Transforming hearts, channelling beauty
Exuding feminine genius
A watered garden.
If I keep my gaze on Him
See the me He sees
Then perhaps I can be
Everything He hopes for, and more.

No comments: