Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Parting thoughts

I had just mentioned his name to a client Monday morning intending for her to try Somatic Experiencing with him, so when I read about his death last night, I was in shock.

Although I met Azriel Cohen just twice in August, he made a great impact for he helped me find a way out of the "freeze" of desolation I had been in for some time. He reminded me how all things seemingly unsurpassable are not when I draw close to the Almighty. I had stepped back from that relationship and hence was lost. He helped me re-orient myself to the revelation of God's love once again.

We are all given many talents and in Azriel he paid homage to the Creator by answering the call to multiply his talents as much as possible. In his short visit to Singapore he had touched many lives and fired the minds and hearts of those he met even as he found time to paint beautifully, being an artist among many things.

With his passing I am reminded that the fluidity of life carries loss and death in its flow, except I tend to hold the gift of time too lightly in my estimation and undervalue its potency.

A vibrant life cut short in its glory is tragic. Yet for those who remain, we can honour that life by living as He did, embracing all humanity with openness and love, honing our talents to bring light where darkness previously existed and to be willing co-creators of truth, goodness and beauty in a world devoid of and thirsting for the sacred.

Rest well, dear Azriel, for your spirit lives on in the lives of those who were fortunate enough to have met and known you. Shalom.

http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=287201  

No comments: