Friday, December 09, 2011

Vocare

What do you need most to do in life and what the world most needs to have done is how Sister Martina defined personal vocation.

When vocation is a personal response to the call from God, then the place that God calls you to becomes for you one of deep gladness and the world's deep hunger. So say yes.






















As we embrace I see
There is a glow,
An indefinable change in you.
You have said yes to something big,
That will change your life forever.
For better. For worse.
You have chosen to be
Theotokos
I rejoice. Every atom of my body exults,
As does my child
Who leaps for joy within my womb,
My own little miracle.
In universal sisterhood we share
The gift of motherhood.
Although the birthing pains will not match
The great sorrow and losses we will bear
I am glad that I, too, said yes
To the fundamental option
Of the incarnation.
Immanuel. Fully human, fully divine.
God's will be done ever and always.

No comments: