Friday, April 02, 2010

Easter's promise


Within my heart there is a room
Filled with the pain of mistakes past.
Choices I made out of fear that
I would never ever find love.

Sorrow shrouds this cell in despair,
Shame of epic proportions kills
Any pinprick of hope that dares   
To fill the space with buoyant vibes.

My soul is beyond redemption.
The plan He has for me is lost
My stupidity is to blame
Can I ever find my way back

To life; the life I am to have?
Is it possible to make straight
My impossibly crooked lines
A barrenness born of missteps?

Sweat drops of blood stream down my face
I am crucified by my self,
My body battered and broken.
Death speaks volumes to my dulled heart.

I know He has forgiven me.
Why else would He die for me?
The question is can I let go,
Forgive – and let Him come inside?

In darkest night there is no light
Within a tomb, shattered dreams lie
So we believe that it’s over
That nothing good can come our way.

We forget that God works in ways
Mysterious and miraculous.
Passion, death and resurrection.
Saved we can live in Easter's might.

No comments: