Sunday, November 29, 2009

Time out

I had a great day today. No work and all play. Time to watch TV, nap and just chill.

It has been a wonderful long weekend - beginning with an impulse but sumptuous Thanksgiving dinner, followed by chances to meet up with friends and family: high tea at the Rose Verandah with G. and A., go on an unplanned starlit walk along the water's edge with K. and P., eat a delicious salad that was first created in my taste memory - one I give thanks for its many flavours.

Sometimes I wish my life were less hectic. I miss just hanging out at the beach, doing nothing but cloud gazing and dream weaving.

Having nothing to do is such a luxury for there is always something I need to complete and something I haven't yet had time to do or forgotten about...

While the merry-go-round of life will never stop, it's important to make time to give thanks - for the busyness, the people I need and who need me, the pockets of quiet and introspection, and for the many reminders to be mindful and aware.

To be still and know.

No comments: