Monday, November 23, 2009

Dialogue

I am sorry that I did not stop to listen
To see the beauty of who you are
Even in disagreement
there is room for transformation
Had I been ready to see
To recognize the truth of your world
that you were inviting me to explore with you
As friends
Treading a serpentine and oft precarious path.
I was too arrogant for words
Thinking I knew the answer to the question
When the answer needed time to unfold
For the question to be heard
and for dialogue
a convivial conversation to ensue.











 
Please pardon my very human impatience
My worldly logic that lacks
the wisdom of compassion
and the humility of suffering
Not knowing when and how to keep quiet
and allow a Spirit-led silence to heal.
If you give me another chance
I will search together with you
Wearing open minds and open hearts
So that we can be surprised
by the gifts God has in store for us
Like love, joy and so much more_
The possibilities are infinite...

*  Inspired by Fr. Timothy Radcliffe's talk on Being Christian in the 21st Century and dedicated to my W2W sisters.

No comments: