Sunday, April 13, 2008

WONDER child

WONDER
I am. A girl child.
A luminous rosebud of femininity.
Tender-hearted and fragile
But resilient to the core.
I drink in the world in wide-eyed wonder
Loving – to the last atom of my being.
I giggle. I skip. I whoop. I glide.
Pure delight unto myself and others.
I’m on a magical, never-ending ride.
I slumber in the safe haven of my rainbow-tinted world.

DESPAIR
I am. A girl child.
A shrinking, prickly touch-me-not.
Afraid, ashamed and all alone
I’m crippled to the core.
In my broken, dank, dark world
I am malodorous, reeking despair through every pore.
I wail. I thrash. I scream. I slash.
A hateful creature - unloved by all.
Find me in the bowels of misery
Where I am tormented by my own existence hourly.


I am that girl child
Residing inside a woman preciously knitted
Sometimes light-hearted, sometimes brooding.
She is a cocktail of experience-shaken perception and emotion
A multi-flavoured mix of wonder and despair.
She doesn’t know it but she has the power to change the world
In a single heartbeat.
If only she would let me out to play
To be comforted and healed
By my Father’s warm and gentle hands
So that in time I become more wonder than despair
And hand in hand we can sing in resonant accord.

By Jackie Pau 2008

In John Bradshaw's Home Coming Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child, he identifies the wonder child as having these natural traits:

Wonder
O
ptimism
N
aivete
D
ependence
E
motions
R
esilience
F
ree play
U
niqueness
L
ove

No comments: