Friday, October 06, 2006

Mid-autumn reflections



As Sadness boldly stole my soul
I watched in helpless wonder.
Her siren song trilled on the breeze,
In sensual notes of sedap malam*.
Paralyzing my core
Leaching out every whisper of hope.

Lacerated by her coral candour,
I am disarmed by her foetid reality
Darkness descends in a velvet rush,
A shroud of eternal torment.
My petrified heart remains lost
Amid the pine needles. By the moonlit sea.

Lionfish dreams of seasons past
I now relinquish into his keeping.
Restored by Time’s gentle hand,
Life waltzes on with grace-full promise,
Inundating my senses
With an autumnal parade of colours.

While she visits me still, from time to time,
I feel her presence fading.
Her sweet visage bids a fond farewell,
Defeated by Love, patient and kind
My spirit rejoices in aerial swoops
Of freedom. Found, and bearing fruit.

*Balinese name for tuberose; literally translated: "delicious night"

by Jackie Pau, Mid-Autumn, 2006

No comments: