Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Celebrating 90

Abraham laughed* when he heard the news

Pregnant at 90 years old? Sarah laughed**, too.

Like them both, I am filled with mirth,  

At 90 months of marriage that have packed in

Several decades of experiences, intense, yet fulfilling.

My soul sings even as my body groans,

I am tired but remain light in spirit.

Life without you is unimaginable_

Joined as we are, annealed by His grace,

Matching passions, and shared loves,

Two hearts intent on just one thing:

His will in all things, marriage included.

So I give thanks for all the little graces

Victories, big and small, and I look forward

To more nuptial adventures, yet unwritten.


Come, dearest heart, grow old with me, the best is yet to be.

  

*Genesis 17:17

**Genesis 18:12 

No comments: