Thursday, March 28, 2024

Redeeming myself

For me this Lenten journey has been about remembering where I come from, all the graces I have received thus far, and to show true gratitude by being faithful in small things, disciplined in prayer, and to always enlarge the tent of my heart, extending kindness, comfort, practical advice, generosity and empathy where needed on a daily basis. It is the only way I can make myself worthy of His love, and to redeem myself of past and present sins.

How slow I was to turn back to Him,

Choosing stubbornly to walk in circles

For long years lost, miserable and afraid,

Unable to dream big or dare for greatness.

So grateful now that He never gave up,

Whispering unending words of guidance,  

Words that grew me when I caught their essence,

Endowing my faith story with treasure.

This is redemption, this return to Christ

Giving up my pride on His altar of love

Crumbling the insular curves of my heart  

Obedient to the Spirit’s bidding.

If I seem gentle, it’s all His doing

He saw me - He loved me at my ugliest!

Nothing is impossible with His might.

Don’t give up even though it’s darkest night.

No comments: