Sunday, December 31, 2023

Last words of 2023

And so we have reached the end of 2023. Unbelievable how fast the year went by. My one regret is not blogging, or writing, as much as I would like, although I would say I am quite happy with how I have managed to stay on top of my financial housekeeping and organization, always my weak point. There’s always room for improvement and I will endeavour to move up to the next level, which will involve decluttering and organization to a higher degree. My dream is to be able to find any of my possessions without hesitation, or rummaging around cupboards. 
 
My old boss commented that I led a charmed life having read my Christmas letter, and I have to agree with him. It’s been an amazing year, not just because of the many trips P and I took, the highlight being our pilgrimage to Mexico and visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, but it has also been a year of experiencing God’s grace in innumerable ways, seeing His saving and protective hand in so many situations. 

The word surrender is key, and it is an act I have engaged in over and over through the year - when Mum fell and fractured her hip bone, all the way through her rehabilitation and her remarkable recovery. 

A very dear childhood friend discovered she had advanced cancer through God’s prompting. She is now undergoing treatment, and is responding well. Again, much prayer and surrendering required. 

Journeying with others through their various illnesses, crises, and personal losses… interceding for community brothers and sisters as they experience upsets and challenges… navigating tricky situations in family life… I am content that I have been able to mostly allow the Spirit to lead me with gentleness and wisdom. 
 
It is no accident I watched a testimony this morning by a Swiss Guard who knew both Saints Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa. 

My takeaway this final day of the year is to pray the rosary constantly, continue to consecrate my days to Mother Mary who will inevitably and unerringly lead me to Her Son, and to be able to do whatever He tells me with skill and enthusiasm, as both JP2 and MTeresa did. 
 
I hope to continue to walk with zeal and faith in the new year and I am beyond grateful for all the wonderful experiences I have been gifted with in 2023.

No comments: