Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Anniversary perfection

Today P and I celebrate the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, giving thanks for her protection and care, for we placed our marriage under her patronage seven years ago. 

Thank you, Mother Mary, for bringing us together in the first place. 

And thank you for the chance of meeting you in Guadalupe, a huge, huge blessing for both of us, and a big tick off the bucket list. 

Love you, P, more than you will ever know. 

Love was never mine, till you came along
Turned my world upside down and proved me wrong
Marriage and motherhood were meant to be
His plan revealed years ago then mystery
Your second spring, for me love come lately
Perfection in open hearts joined tightly
In union with the Spirit, made holy
And healed by sacramental grace mostly
I've learned and grown much by Mary's fiat
And your example of clean hands pure heart
Your face grown precious these seven years past
I still marvel at how we met - holding fast
To gratitude and joy, chiefly wonder
Life is sweet as together we wander

No comments: