Sunday, June 12, 2022

A goodbye song

Looking back on days past

I realize how precious those times were

Especially now you are gone

Slipped away just this morning 

Silently. Peacefully. 

On a Sunday celebrating the Holy Trinity

Fitting really.

I didn’t think to mark it then

The days we lived with carefree spirits

Laughter mingled with the solemn focus

Of bringing the joy of Baby Jesus

Through song, prayer and a hamper full of goodies

To those who needed hope, love 

And the knowledge that they were not forgotten.

Thank you for helping me worship Him more dearly,

Thank you for your warm hospitality in Rome and Melaka.

Your perfectly timed levity, your infectious joy.

I shall miss you dearest A, more than you’ll ever know

Wish E happy birthday for me tomorrow!

Heaven is where my heart is

Now that you two are in residence there.

Pray for us who are left straggling behind. 


No comments: