Saturday, November 27, 2021

Coz

Loving you has been my blessing

An extraordinary gift from God to me.

So letting you go is all not so easy to do

You may not be here physically- it’s been a year

Yet in my consciousness you reside

Those last days a suffocating weight

Infused forever with salty sorrow and bitter pain.

I miss you the size of Mauna Loa

Even through the joys and laughter every day

Not many will know the loss your death has dealt

You, my secret keeper and spiritual cheerleader

So what is Jesus saying to me in all this?

What lessons must I apply as I journey on?

There are days I fear I lack your wisdom

Unsure of myself, transmuted by grief

Silly, I know, for His light will always guide me

And you are simply a thought away

Still dispensing imaginary but great advice

I thank Him you were present from the beginning

And I am glad I could be there for you at the end.



No comments: