Sunday, June 20, 2021

A father’s blessing

P and I just finished an online retreat yesterday run by the Montfort Centre called Paternal Heart which we decided to attend this year being the Year of Saint Joseph as declared by Pope Francis. It was an affirming time with the Father, not just God the Father, but also Saint Joseph, and my earthly father.  I would recommend this to anyone who is seeking to know more about the heart of the Father. It was truly a time of great blessing. 

And today being Father’s Day, I dedicate one of my retreat reflections to my father who is now in heaven with our Father.  


Thank you, Daddy, for loving me
In your special, broken way
Without your tough love I wouldn’t be

Who I am today, strong and fearless 

In love with the Father, Son and Spirit.

Yearning always to do what is right and good

In your eyes as reflected in His eyes. 



Thank you, Abba, for loving me

Through this gift of my father

His deep faith in you grew mine

A fruit of epic abundance.

We are blessed by your chesed*

Your breath of life that gave us both the space 

To run free into your waiting arms.






* Hebrew for loving kindness between people and God and vice versa.


No comments: