Thursday, January 28, 2021

Remembering

Today is the birthday of J who would have been 53 if he were still with us. It is also the two-month anniversary of E’s passing. It is a bit of a double whammy for me as they were both so dear to me and I feel their absence quite keenly. 


Their leaving has left a huge void in my life for we were buddies first before we were cousins. I kept in touch with both frequently when they were living abroad, and saw them regularly when they were living in Singapore. We shared our lives - celebrated our victories, and commiserated over our sorrows.


Yet I am reminded of a homily which I heard at the start of this year to give thanks; be grateful for everything in my life. And I am grateful that the Father saw fit to place both E and J in my life which has been enriched immeasurably. 


The laughter, the tears, the good and bad times, we have walked together through it all. Nothing can erase the memories except perhaps my own faulty memory, and yet, at the end of it all, the deep love I have for both of them will remain.  


Today I celebrate dear J’s birthday by giving thanks to the Creator with a little prayer that J is now in Paradise with Him, as is E. Kisskiss, hughug, much love, me cozzies. I am so glad you were, and still are in my life. Happy, happy birthday J.




No comments: