Wednesday, January 02, 2019

New year intentions

The party’s over, the new year is here to stay
How shall I make the next 364 days count?
What can I do to keep my faith alive and real?
Can I make someone smile with delight
Laugh away the blues, lighten a mood 
Bring comfort to the sick of heart 
Soothe an ailing body, a fevered imagination  
Chase away fears by injecting sound reason
Into doubts and all matters dark
Bring freedom with a song of gratitude
Inspire harmonious peace at the same time too
Can I invite you to walk the narrow path with me?
Do the right thing always because it feels really good
Can I be the bubbly God-eyed optimist?
As the overflowing cup pronounces:
The joy of the Lord is my strength 
Cascading like rain from heaven
Watering the earth so thirsty for love
Enrobing florescent hills with fruitfulness 
I can do joy, I can do that joy
I can breathe new life into my days
Through Him, with Him and in Him
Through love, with love and in love
This is how I want to spend my days
What about you?

No comments: