Thursday, October 18, 2018

Heart of a mother

As I prepare to renew my commitment to my ICPE Companions community here in Singapore and worldwide, this Word from Isaiah 54:2 has been something I find most meaningful for this particular period in my life. Every day it speaks to me of new things, new promises from the Lord.

Do not be afraid to dream again
Your life will be good beyond your imagination
An emblem of God’s merciful, rich love
Apple of his eye, his beloved, His bride
Ride the bow in the sky walking the narrow path 
The dark, desolate days are gone
No longer desert deserted your valleys brim green
Bowers of fruitfulness buzzing with delightful fragrances
As you enlarge your heart, so, too, your tent 
How lovely a dwelling place, curtains stretched out wide
Welcoming and warm, a respite for all who enter, a home
Luxuriate in the chatter, the midnight sounds of family life
Do not hold back; go big, go bold, go strong
Lengthen your ropes, drive the stakes deeper 
It is your season for song: shout for joy
The Lord has spoken His covenant of peace
Enjoy your heritage, faithful servant
Sing, barren woman, you who never bore a child



No comments: