Friday, August 12, 2016

Letting Him in

I have just spent an entire week mourning a decision I had to make recently. Prior to that I was living in denial for I refused to give up what I perceived as very dear to me and I feared, still fear, that in giving it up, it may change me for the worse. But of course when I finally took it in prayer, I knew what it was that I needed to do. It would seem like too great a price to let go, and yet, it is only in letting go that the promises of Christ can be fulfilled in my life. And so, day by day, I relinquish control, my security, my comfort level and my happiness, into His hands.

I am standing outside the door of your heart, knocking*
Won't you let me in?
I bring only the joy you have longed for
Your entire life
The deep union of when two become one.
I know that you have been hurt before, and yes,
It is risky, and it will be painful
But it will also be the making of you.
You will grow and you will enjoy the fruit
You will labour to bring forth,
Delicious, fragrant globes of goodness
All can enjoy.
You have to put out into the deep. Trust.
Open the door and let the light flood in.
Be bold, be brave, do not be afraid,
Let me in. 

* Inspired by Revelations 3:20

No comments: