Saturday, February 06, 2010

Twilight

No matter what you think or feel
you cannot hold back the inexorable onslaught
of my display of power
my mastery over your body
I invade and destroy what in you is healthy
I start out slow then explode
in a profusion of crazed, abnormal cells
Gleefully I multiply
Mutating in malignant forms and tumours
Screwing up your body systems
Causing pain and malfunction
in the wake of my deadly destruction
You will moan and mourn
Shriek and suffer
Cry and eventually die
I am your worst nightmare.


Conquer my body you may,
Giving me grief and existential angst.
Costing me a small fortune,
Creating chaos in my household
You may even decide the time I depart.
But you cannot control how I choose to leave,
Or what I do with my time remaining.
I can transform my suffering
Into something that redeems humanity,
My pain has the potential to save souls,
My despair the ability to give birth
To an experience of God's love
and the knowledge that my life
does not end even as my body decays.
For what awaits is infinitely better...
A sumptuous banquet in the house of the Lord

For eternity_

No comments: